Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tasty Treats

We have quite a thing going for salmon in our home right now. For our anniversary my hubby took me to a nice restaurant and we both ordered blackened salmon with blue cheese broiled on top. Oh my gracious. I will be recreating this item in my own kitchen very soon. It was to die for. :) For now I just bake a huge salmon fillet. I found a little jar of spices especially for salmon, so I douse that on before I bake the fillet.

Tonight I was at my mother-in-law's and we were watching The Food Network which is our tradition. They did a show all about the best burgers ever and one recipe was for Jammin' Salmon Burgers. I am going out and getting the ingredients and this will be made very soon. Can we give out a loud Yummo!

We have also been going through asparagus like it is going out of style. It is seriously the easiest thing to make. I just snap off the ends and wash it up. Then heat up some olive oil in a skillet, add the asparagus, and season with salt and pepper. Just keep turning and when they are bright green, they are done. We like them with a bit of a crunch left in them. My 2 year old daughter loves them also!

That's what we're loving right now!

No comments: