Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bath Paint

A few weeks ago I stumbled on a great blog, The Idea Room. I had so much fun reading her great ideas of things to do with the girls, especially my oldest daughter whom we affectionately nicknamed Peanut. One night for a bath time surprise I made her bath paint. Her favorite color is green so we only made green to use. She had a ball painting the bath tub walls and herself. I didn't put the baby in with her as the paint is made with dish soap and would thus result in some burning eyes. Peanut thought it was the best thing ever. The paint washed right off like it says it will do. I highly recommend this activity. It would especially help those kids who don't enjoy bath time, although that is not a problem here. Her recipe is as follows...

2 T. cornstarch
1/4 c. liquid dish soap
4-5 drops liquid food coloring
Stir and mix together until the color is fully incorporated and it has a smooth consistency. Add a small amount of water (2-3 T.) and stir.

Her post is here if you would like to see it.

I will be trying this homemade finger paint soon.

No comments: