Monday, September 27, 2010

Recharge

I feel it. I feel the lack of patience creeping in and the burden of being easily frustrated. I have said it here before but I'm going to say it again, my personality type needs time alone to rejuvenate and time alone has not been a common thing in these parts. Oh, I love my girls to the moon and back and a bushel and a peck, but mama's feeling it again.

I am heading home this weekend for a cousin's wedding and mentioned to someone that my hubby will be HOME.ALONE.ALL.WEEKEND and I felt the jealousies creep in. Now he will be working and studying but he will be alone.

Then I found myself wondering, "What would I do with that much time to myself?" and my mouth started salivating and my head spinning. I would read, a novel, not a children's book. I would go to the bathroom ALONE! I would SLEEP IN past 6:00 a.m. I would watch a chick flick in the middle of the day. I would steal away to some coffee shop with said novel and my computer and WASTE TIME! I would eat hummus and pita chips for supper. I would end the day curled up on the couch with another chick flick.

But then by the end of the first day...I would probably miss my curly headed little girls and long to kiss their sweet lips and smell their freshly bathed heads. I am so blessed, I do know that.

A weekend alone is probably not going to happen so I may have to test the hubby waters for an afternoon of solitude so I can recharge my mama batteries.

No comments: