Monday, February 8, 2010

Red Lobster Biscuit Knock-Off

My dad took us all out to Red Lobster for my hubby's birthday and boy was it good. I had forgotten as we NEVER eat there. Those biscuits, Caesar salad and grilled garlic shrimp have left me salivating for over a week. Tonight for supper I decided to make the knock-off version of the biscuits. Problem is that it calls for Bisquick and I did not have that, so I improvised combing an EASY drop biscuit recipe and the knock-off recipe. I even used half whole wheat flour. I love whole wheat flour. It adds a yummy texture and it just makes you feel good to not always use white flour. I have to admit they did not taste like Red Lobster's BUT they were yummy! I would certainly make them again. I am blogging about them. I don't think I would share recipes here that I would never make again...might make for an interesting blog concept though.

Easy Drop Biscuits (Recipe found at Thrifty Fun)
  • 2 cups flour (can use 1 cup white, 1 cup whole wheat)
  • 1 Tbsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 cup milk or water
  • 1/4 cup oil
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Measure water or milk and oil in another container, then dump into the center of the dry ingredients. Stir just until blended, if they are a bit powdery this is just right. Drop large scoops of dough with a soup spoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes.

I just added 1/2 t. garlic powder to the biscuit batter and a good handful of shredded cheddar cheese. After they were finished baking I brushed them with a mixture of 2 T. melted butter, 1/2 t. garlic powder, and 1/4 t. dried parsley flakes.

Here is where you can find the recipe for the authentic knock-off Red Lobster Biscuits. I have made these before with the Bisquick and they taste very close to the real thing!

I served the biscuits with Bistro Sensations Chicken, Mozzerella, Artichoke sausages. Have you had these things? They are really good. I can only find them at our Wal-Mart. They are pricey but I do not buy them often, only when I actually see them and can talk myself into spending a bit more. My BFF introduced us to them. They are SUPER grilled. I just baked mine. I also served up chili roasted sweet potato wedges. There aren't many weeks that go by that we do not have these. We love them.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Yeah, those Red Lobster biscuits are addictive.