Saturday, June 14, 2008

Chicken Enchiladas

Ok, so I have not entered the world of taking pictures of my cooking. Maybe someday, but it just seems I am always in a hurry. How do people who take a picture of each step get it done? I am glad they do, because I like to frequent their sites. I would like to share with you one of my favorite recipes. I usually make it for company and in fact made it this past Tuesday when we had friends over for lunch. It really is easy and oh so yummy! I found it in a book called Favorite Recipes from Quilters that I actually bought for my mother-in-law a few years ago.

Chicken Enchiladas
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. flour
1 t. chicken bouillon
3c. slivered, cooked chicken
4 oz. can chopped green chiles, drained
4 T. butter
2 c. chicken broth
8 oz. sour cream, room temp.
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 t. chili powder
10-12 flour tortillas

Sautee onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour and add chicken brother and bouillon. cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and add sour cream.
In large bowl combine chicken, 1 cup of sauce, 1 cup cheese, green chiles, and chili powder. Mix well.
Fill each tortilla with mixture. (I use one of those medium ice cream scoops to make sure each tortilla gets about the same amount. I put two scoops in each.) Roll tortilla up and arrange in 9x13" greased pan. Spoon remaining sauce over tortilla. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Serve with salad and spanish rice...YUMMM!

No comments: