Thursday, October 23, 2008
We tore up orange paper.
Then we glued the orange ripped up papers onto a large white pumpkin cut out.
Then I traced her hand on green paper for the leaf and her foot on brown paper for the stem.
She thought it turned out pretty cute!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Place following layers in a 9x13 greased casserole pan.
8 slices of bread, moistened with broth
Cooked 1 pkg. noodles.
1 cooked chicken, shredded
(I used 4 chicken breasts.)
Melt 4 T. butter in skillet. Whisk in 4 T. flour. Add 2 c. milk and 2 c. broth. Salt and pepper to taste.
Pour over top of casserole. Melt some butter and mix in cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
I also added sauteed onions and garlic to give it a little extra zing. Yumm-o!
A taste of home.....I needed it.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
I found this on a blog that I read now and then and thought it was cute.
What I am doing right now....
Sitting on an uncomfortable kitchen chair at the computer that has now invaded my kitchen table! I am not bitter about this. I am not bitter. (Keep repeating until you believe it.)
Smelling a stinky dog....we are dog sitting for my in-laws who are on vacation.
Listening to a football game that I care nothing about. It's just background noise for my daughter who was having trouble going to sleep. Sometimes I think it helps to just have the tv on so she can hear something going on downstairs.
Drinking nothing right now but am going to make some hot chocolate very soon. It is cold!
Reading Your Pregnancy Week by Week.
Loving the crisp fall air and smell of leaves burning in the air.
Dreading paying all the bills that piled up while we were gone.
Eagerly anticipating the birth of our second baby!
Worrying my dad as he makes this new transition in life. He was my mom's caregiver.
Wishing that my daughter would stay like this forever.
Praying not as I often as I should be.
Grateful for friends and family who have been such a source of support and encouragement.
Sharing my personal space with a Golden Retriever who is very needy!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I found another meme on Mommie Daze. It looked too fun to resist. There’s no tagging on this one, but if you decide to join in, please leave a comment so I know.
1. He’s sitting in front of the TV: what is on the screen? anything to do with politics or the economy
2. You’re out to eat. What kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Blue Cheese
3. What is one food he doesn’t like? Sloppy Joes
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order? We don’t go to bars but does enjoy a beer or wine every so often.
5. Where did he go to high school? A few different places. He graduated from Pandora.
6. What size shoe does he wear? 10
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? anything music related
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? He doesn't typically like sandwiches...isn't a bread guy.
9. What would the Husband eat every day if he could? Soup
10. What is his favorite cereal? Blueberry Morning
11. What would he never wear? shorts
12. What is his favorite sports team? Ohio University
13. Who will he vote for? Well it was going to be Ron Paul...probably Bob Barr.
14. Who is his best friend? Jim
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do? Keep things inside
16. How many states has he lived in? Ohio, Missouri, Texas, Oregon, Indiana
17. What is his heritage? German
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind? He isn't a cake guy...to sweet.
19. Did he play sports in high school? No
20. What could he spend hours doing? Surfing the internet for music related things or politics.