Friday, July 16, 2010

Spring Rolls

This is something I made up on my own after watching a PBS cooking show and seeing how spring rolls are made. These were so easy and a hit with my hubby. They didn't go over as well with the kids. Mom and Dad will enjoy these without the kiddos!

Chop up half a head of cabbage, 2 big carrots, an onion and a 2-3 cloves of garlic. Sautee the cabbage and carrots in some olive oil. Add onions once cabbage and carrots are softened. Add in garlic when onions are soft. Season with salt and pepper. This should all take only maybe 10 minutes.

You will need a package of egg roll wrappers. I found these in the healthy food refrigerated section at my grocery store. Put a clump of the cabbage mixture in center of egg roll wrapper and wrap up. Fill as many as you would like. Heat an inch of olive oil in a deep skillet. Place spring rolls in hot oil. Let fry for just a minute or less and turn.

These were so yummy!

No comments: