Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Mercies

It's 6:34 p.m. and I am drinking a cup of coffee because it has been one of those days...actually a few of those days. We have been dealing with sick kids and now a sick hubby. I am not sure which is worse but I think it might be the sick hubby. I have forbidden the girls to go near him as I don't want the little one sick again or the big one sick at all so that means I am flying solo while he lies miserably on the couch.

I am PLUM WORE OUT! I've tried to catch up on all our regular laundry plus sickie laundry like blankets and such. There are also more dishes it seems when we are sick so I've been trying to keep up with that. There is also the extra runs to the grocery store for Sprite, yogurt, chicken noodle soup, toilet paper, and such.

I also feel like a deer staring at headlights as 1/2 of my family has had the flu and my oldest has been running a fever today but no other signs of being sick. I don't want to get sick. It's not good when Mama is sick.

And oh my, the little one...well she has been a SPITFIRE since being sick last Wednesday. Last night was bad, bad, bad and today hasn't been much better. It didn't help that she had to get some shots yesterday either...they made her even more grouchy. I'm about ready to pull my hair out right now...but I won't since I don't think it's a good look for me.

So it has been a movie, tomato soup (from a can) and grilled cheese kind of night. My attitude has been sour and I am ready to put these littles to bed and collapse into a pile.

I am so grateful that His mercies are new every morning because tonight I am clinging to that.

1 comment:

TWitmer said...

Not only are His mercies new every morning but he also fills us with His never-ending strength....may your cup runneth over :)