Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas

Ahhh...finally, the creative juices are flowing! I made some Christmas cards this year to send out. Now if you didn't get a homemade Christmas card, please do not fret. I only made 20 and I had more than 20 people on my Christmas list. I wanted to make more, but that box of already made cards was so tempting. The card that I made this year was this one...
Christmas Cards
The past two years I had the full intention of making cards and sending them out, but only got a few made and ended up just giving cards to immediate family members. (Sorry again!) But I had a couple extra ones from the years past that I used also this year.

Christmas Cards

Christmas Cards
That ceramic Christmas tree behind the card is a family heirloom to me. My grandma, my mom's mother, and my great-aunt made a whole bunch of them many years ago. I am so thankful to have it. It is always displayed with pride in our home.

Tonight I got busy making some Christmas goodies to give away as gifts. I hate to even tell you how to make them because they were SOOOO easy.
Peanut Candies
Peanut Candies
1 whole bag of butterscotch chips
1/2 bag of chocolate chips
1 jar of dry roasted peanuts, salted

Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in a double boiler (or in microwave). Once melted stir in peanuts. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. (I used a small ice cream scoop.) Let harden.
Peanut Candies
These are so yummy and so easy to make, such a great combination!!!!! My daughter enjoyed the taste test part of making them.
Peanut Candies
I have some fun things up my sleeve that I hope to get made for Christmas. I will post pics when I am finished.



No comments: