White Bean Chili
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green chiles (fresh or canned)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
I also spent some time working on some Christmas gifts tonight for some of my co-workers. I made a batch of homemade hot chocolate mix and put them in decorated canning jars for gift giving. I found the idea on Little Birdie Secrets. This site is chalked full of great ideas, if you need some. I check it daily! The hot chocolate is yummy too...hubby and I tested it out this evening.
Here are my goodies all ready to go for tomorrow.
I feel great to have those finished and ready to go!