Sunday, October 25, 2009

Laura

Peanut and I (and Daddy but he might deny it if you asked him ;) have been watching Little House on the Prairie quite a bit (I usually watch and then pick which ones she can watch as some are really intense and way too much for a 3 year old. I am pretty picky about what I allow her to watch.). We discovered our library has all of the seasons. I thought Peanut might fall in love with it and sure enough, she did. She loves Laura, Mary, Carrie and baby Grace.
Happy trick or treating!  Cora is Laura Ingalls.
For her costume this year for Halloween I thought it would be fun to have her dress up as Laura and she LOVED the idea. I found a pattern for a prairie dress and bonnet, picked out some pretty blue and cream flower print, and got to work last week. Peanut was so excited about her Laura dress. This was my first experience at making a dress and really using a pattern by myself. Patterns are so tricky if you aren't really sure what you are doing. I certainly would not want an experienced seamstress to look at my work because when I wasn't sure what to do, I kind of did my own thing and made it work. I was tickled when I was finished and so was Peanut. I also learned that patterns run a bit big at least this one did. Oh well...she'll be able to play in it for quite a while.
Trick or Treat Trail
We got to test the dress out this past Friday night at a Trick or Treat trail at a local park. She was so excited to get dressed up and wear braids just like Laura. (Speaking of the braids, we just started watching Sesaon 7 (had to skip Season 6 as it was checked out) and Laura wears her hair up. Peanut noticed right away and said, "Mom, wear are her pony tails?" I think she likes the young Laura more than the older Laura.
Trick or Treat Trail
It felt so good to have my sewing machine out again. I haven't sewed in ages! Hoping to do some more stuff here and there.

No comments: