But this morning hubby's first class was canceled so I set about to make something yummy to give him an extra bounce in his step.
I like oatmeal ok but wouldn't pick it over regular cereal unless I'm pregnant and craving it. NOOOOO, I am not pregnant but I did crave it with my first pregnancy along with spinach and V-8! Anywho...many years ago at a conference I had baked oatmeal and it was so delicious. I found a recipe online and made that for hubby this morning. It was so easy, the ingredients are cheap and it was YUMMY. Win, Win, Win! It is trifecta!
Again this recipe came from All Recipes. I liked that it had dried cranberries. I would pick a dried cranberry over a raisin anyday. I love to add substitute cranberries for raisins in many of my baking recipes.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in dried cranberries. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
To close have you ever stumbled upon the Cake Wrecks blog? I laughed my hiney off today. I do have to say that she can be a bit crude in her humor and language, so beware if you are faint of heart. The cakes, oh the cakes. They are priceless. It's like that People of Wal-Mart site. You don't want to look but you just can't help yourself. Cake Wrecks got me throught this long, hard day at home alone with two children, one of which was GRUMPY!